With the new ICB film, EXCOR has decisively advanced the technology behind film packaging with Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors.
ICB (Intelligent Corrosion Blocker) is based on components that react with the humidity in the environment. From roughly 55 % humidity, the risk of corrosion steadily increases for metal. This is where the ICB film starts to release its active ingredient. The higher the climatic exposure to moisture, the more the corrosion protection active ingredient is produced, after which it vaporises. If the exposure to moisture again decreases, the release of the anti-corrosion ingredient also decreases. This on-demand delivery leads to a prolonged deposit effect for the ICB films. In contrast to previous films, ICB loses no active substances during the hot production process. This also applies to the handling of the film during storage and in the packaging process. No monitoring in accordance with the Technical Rules for Hazardous Substances (TRGS) is required.
For all users, this means: The new ICB on-demand corrosion protection solution not only protects metal parts with absolute reliability, but also gives employees an increased sense of safety when handling an emitting product.
- As an intermediate layer
- Wrapping (steel and wooden racks, lattice boxes)
- Coating for finished metal goods
- Insert for pallet cages, small load carriers or boxes
- Bulk material
- Spare parts
- Pallet securing
- Bundling of pipes, rods, profiles
- Wrapping machines, coils
- Padding between components
- Impact protection with sharp-edged parts
- Controlled release of active ingredients - needs-based, efficient and safe
- No prematurerelease of the active ingredients
- The recipient receives ready-to-use parts - dry, clean and corrosion-free
- Effectice on both sides
- Practical for customs controls: film is transparent
- Approval of leading automotive manufacturers