- New development of corrosion protection products and systems
- Securing know-how through international patents
- Optimisation of existing VCI systems
- Development of special corrosion protection tests for VCI-based systems
- Development of analysis and test methods
- Verification of the VCI effect on model packaging through in-house developed test specifications
- Electrochemical investigations, e.g. electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS)
- Pilot plants for the production of R&D samples
In order to be close to our customers' needs, we offer comprehensive service and consulting. Primarily companies from the metalworking industry (especially the automotive and supplier industry) use our modern research facilities - among other things to develop specific corrosion protection concepts or to optimise their own process chain for corrosion prevention.
Causes of damage are elucidated through targeted analyses. With our recommendations, you can find and eliminate the corrosion triggers in your process chain.
- Identification of corrosive contaminants on customer parts, e.g. via FTIR, IC
- Analysis of aqueous or aqueous-organic media from the customer's process chain
- DIN 51360 part 2 - filter-chip test for cooling lubricants, cleaning agents
- Reports with recommendations for improvement
- Carrying out climatic stress tests of industrial packaging in the 3 climatic chambers of EXCOR Corrosion Research.
- Evaluation and documentation of the results in close cooperation with the customers
- Development of individual packaging solutions
EXCOR Corrosion Research's TÜV-certified quality management system safeguards the entire manufacturing process from raw materials and intermediate products to the final products. It guarantees the delivery of controlled quality - across all internal and external documented manufacturing stages. Our team uses sophisticated analysis technology as well as our three large climatic chambers and four smaller climatic chambers for this purpose.
We test a wide range of VCI material parameters according to customer requirements:
- VCI concentration in all our products is a release criterion (test methodology is certified by TÜV Süd as the core of EXCOR's quality management).
- Protective effect against corrosion (all products) according to TL 8135-0002 and TL 8135-0043
- Alternating climate test according to DIN EN 60068-2-30 with industrial packaging (3 climate chambers up to 16 m³) or model packaging in 4 climate chambers, various in-house test methods
- Film thickness according to DIN ISO 4593:2019-06
- Dart drop (film) according to ASTM D 1709/A
- Tensile and tear strength, elongation at break (films) according to DIN EN ISO 527-3/2
- Sliding friction according to DIN EN ISO 8295
- Haze/light scattering (film) according to ASTM D 1746 (2003) // ASTM D 1003 (2000) // ISO 13 468 (1997)
- Surface resistance (dissipative films, ESD) according to DIN EN 62631-3-1
- Water vapour permeability (film) according to DIN 53122-1
- Fire behaviour (film) according to DIN 4102-B2
And of course we carry out individual tests according to your specific requirements!
EXCOR quality procedures and processes are certified by TÜV Süd and are regularly monitored:
- TÜV Süd Managementservice GmbH certifies the EXCOR QM system (certificate according to ISO 9001:2015) (certificate no.: 12 100 9678 TMS).
- TÜV Süd Industrieservice GmbH certifies methods for quality testing of EXCOR VCI products (Certificate No.: 17 02 90267 001):
- Determination of the VCI concentration of EXCOR products by chemical analyses (IC, HPLC, GCMS, TD GCMS)
- Specification of certain limit values (exceeding / falling below), which may lead to the blocking / release of EXCOR VCI products
- Measurement of VCI release rates